|Taranaki is an exciting region for business and is recognised in New Zealand as a progressive, modern place for investment. Taranaki's temperate climate, fertile soils and a clean, green environment, make the region a premier dairy location.
It is also the centre of New Zealand's oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and therefore the province is of major strategic importance to the economy of the country.
Taranaki offers a competitive advantage for the New Zealand business environment, namely;
- Minimal state interference,
- Innovative culture,
- Business friendly tax systems, and,
- An economy shaped for the future.
Additionally, Taranaki offers;
- An ideal location mid-way between Auckland and Wellington,
- Exceptional engineering skills,
- A lower cost business location, with attractively priced commercial rental,
- Excellent infrastructure which can cater for growth.
Venture Taranaki can assist with inward investment enquiries. In particular, in relation to major investment prospects we can facilitate introductions to potential business, utilities and local authority partners.
The South Taranaki District Council offers an incentive package to major new investors to South Taranaki and we can facilitate dialogue and introductions in relation to this opportunity.