Callaghan Innovation grants are available to undertake research and development projects BIGGER, BETTER and FASTER than you otherwise would.
Project funding provides support for potential growth businesses to undertake research and development (R&D) into new products, processes or services, to solve problems and investigation IP opportunities.
Funding can be awarded to a range of companies, from early stage to mature, and across a broad range of sectors. Funding is available for R&D related costs, typically providing 30-50% co-funding. These projects must lead to business growth and export potential.
When assessing potential project funding applications we look at the following aspects:
- Is there a technical challenge for the proposed activity?
- Will the project outcome result in a competitive advantage?
- Are the returns on investment sound?
- Do you have a clear pathway to your target market?
- Is your business financially robust?
Projects are assessed individually, but can range from $1,000 to $1 million plus.
Project funding cannot be used for:
- Capital expenditure
- Patent filing costs
- Generic business planning and marketing activities
If you’re interested in learning more about R&D Project Grants or have an R&D project you’d like to discuss contactRachael Berndt on 06 759 5178 or email R&D@venture.org.nz.
Other funding available is: